Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Freaking Awesome Ray of Light!

As I am trying to land my first advertising gig, I have gone through a whole mess of emotions. Some days I feel like, "Dang I suck and I will never make it in this dog eat dog industry." Then there are days like today when I find this ad lurking on a website.

Do you see anything a bit odd about this ad?



Might I point out the homeless/crazy homeless man that this company decided to use for two stock photos in this banner ad. It has been my experience, thus far, that the whole point to advertising is to convince people to take action.

Now having said that, I want you to ask yourself, does this crazy homeless man's stock photo stir any desire to:


A. Refinance your home

or

B. Lower your Credit Card payments.

When was the last time that a bum/crazy man/ domestic terrorist caused you to want to do anything other than purchase a gun and or more ammo for your gun.

Thank you ADBLADE for showing me that I can make it in this industry, because obviously anyone seeing this ad would know that you can only use a stock photo of a bum/drunk/crazy man in your advert once.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Oh that is all too funny!!!! I love it! I don't know....I am kinda compelled to do those things...